I don't really know what it is.. I can't put my finger on it.. and I don't know if I really want to.
But I have just been so knackered and feeling down lately. It is not pressure at work because I am used to that. It is not stress at home because home will not be the same without the comedians I share a roof with putting on a full show.
I mean, there isn't anything new or different in my life.. It is the same. Every day and every week repeats the other.
Last night, I asked my sister to get ready to go to a mutual friend's birthday. At 10pm, she started getting restless and asked me if I ever intended to get ready to go.
To be frank, I didn't feel like going out..and what is scary is that I am never the person to do that. There was a period of time when I had to work for five weeks running without a single day off - and I managed to dress up and go out and party every single night.
I don't know what has dampened my spirit. I don't know why I feel so low. Don't tell me it is growing up... because I will never grow up. I don't want to and I won't.

5 comments:

sume said...

I see you've been caught in the global yuck-vibe that's sweeping across the planet.

Growing up can be an abstract term. Growing up? Growing outward? Growing inward? Outgrow? Live young, die pretty. *grin

Chanad said...

I know how you feel. I guess the best thing is just to enjoy the misery until it's over.

That feeling always reminds of an Urdu couplet by Nasir Kazmi:

-------
Drink down the days' bitterness, with a laugh even, Nasir

For Nature has placed some pleasure in bearing grief also
-------

Anonymous said...

Now let's see, do you feel "down" or just "neutral"? Is it like you don't feel like doing much because nothing seems too exciting. Are you looking for something out of the ordinary to do?

Here's my solution (not sure whether you actually live in Bahrain, but this solution will definately NOT work there)...

I talk to strangers!

Yes, that's right. I get on a random bus, make eye contact with the first person I meet, and have a long and winding conversation!

So far, I've had conversation with drug dealers, marketing managers, and bacteria researchers, political advisers, and the list goes on!

By the end of it, I feel much better. Try it sometime, you might enjoy it.

ODD A

BB said...

Its that time of year darling, im feeling burnt out too...

My solution is to lock urself indoors, stay in ur PJs all day until it is all over and ur ready to face the world :)

ok ok so its only me who does that...

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Thanks people.. I am an attention-seeking sick maniac who is bent on destroying herself and the world around her:)

hehehe

No.. I think Sume is right...it is the international yuck virus that's been spread by the infidels, in cooperation with the government to dampen the spirits of bloggers.

And Chanad...I can't enjoy misery..I just can't.

And Odd A.. I am feeling down.. not neutral..just plain and simple down.

But I will rise.. I will rise and wreak havoc...come what may come. It can tumble down on everyone's head. So what?

And Bahrania...when i sulk.. i just sulk..

Heard of International Sulk Week anyone?

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl