In less than a week .. I will be back home to my Wonderland. I really can't wait, but I have to since I have no other choice.. and if I tell you that I am actually spending every minute waiting for the time to come.. you won't believe me and might even go to the lengths of asking me to stop being silly. Seriously, I am counting the minutes..erm.. seconds.

How long can a person sit still in one place and wait? Well, I have been doing a good job so far.. keeping myself entertained and busy and maintaining whatever sanity I have left while still waiting. I haven't been technically 'waiting' the whole time as I was involved in worthwhile projects .. but Bahrain, it's heat, it's annoying childish pranks (politics) and the increasingly annoying accents of Bahrainis have an allure and can send butterflies flying in my stomach any day. I am in love with that dump and it is my country and my home no matter what some do to tarnish its reputation. It is my Wonderland, where there is never a dull moment, where parody, dark humour and irony continue to strangle its people who still flog their way through life, being their own simple, peace-loving and humble folks.

I am like a 16-year-old on a first date. I am so excited and this may explain my insomnia. I am so looking forward to being back with friends and families and so scared about what if it lets me down again. My last trip to Bahrain wasn't the most exciting duh! Not only did I get a flu which wouldn't leave me for SIX weeks, the retards at Heathrow and Air Canada lost my bags and left me laptopless for what seemed to be an eternity. Glad it wasn't Gulf Air which had lost the bags.. I sure would still be waiting until now!!

This time I am flying with British Airways and making a stop over in London, where I will need to catch up with some serious shopping.. erm.. I mean sight-seeing! I desperately need those three days to clear my head before I am back to familiar surroundings. But how familiar will my surroundings be really?

Since I left Bahrain on January 14, a lot of shit has hit the fan. That is a pretty shitty fan you've got up there I tell you.. I don't even know where to start.. We even had our very own Bahraini-style shooting outside BJs.. and surprise surprise .. in a land renowned for having more secret police and informers per square metre than there was in Nazi Germany at the height of the Gestapo reign of terror..Abbas Al Shakhoori's killer is still at large. For FUCK's sake (excuse my French for the word was about to break my front teeth trying to come out from my inner thingy), you want to tell me that they who know how many times I fart a day, can't say who has guns in Bahrain and where that killer bullet came from?

Excuse me.. but what the hell are their informers and secret police doing? Or are they content just spying on blogs and what people think and write??

8 comments:

ThinkPink said...

Hope you have a safe flight back here :)

Last time i flew AirCanada, they arrived just a half hour at Heathrow before my connecting flight to wonderland. That gave me less than 20 minutes to grab new tickets and get on gulf air and i was literally sitting near the exit door on an AirCanada's flight attendant's seat, strapped in (and gee, now i know why they walk about in-flight, those straps are pretty rough on the skin as opposed to regular passenger seats).

Anyways, diddly-squat to gulf air who flew me fine to wonderland but left me shoe-less and pj-less for two weeks while they tried to sort out the mumbo jumbo in Edmonton. Apparently AirCanada and GulfAir's code share on baggage forget to include the disclaimer that AirCanada re-uses the same baggage code for a passenger past 48 hours, crap! :P


But am sure the shawarmas in wonderland, awaits your magificent presence ;-)

ThinkPink said...

magificent should really read as magnificent. Queen Typoneese, am afraid :)

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Yes Pink! Thanks for reminding me about those Shawarmas.. yummy.. CW .. are you listening!!!

Cerebralwaste said...

I am here SBG. Drooling with my bib on. Dreaming of shawarma.. mmmmm shawarma mmmmm.. Please eat a few for me.....

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

I sure will CW!

Hussain Ebrahim Ashoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hussain Ebrahim Ashoor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hussain Ebrahim Ashoor said...

woow this is something i really don't know u but what you wrote is true 101% , i also don't believe that they don't know who did it and im sure that they know and who did it,, and he is not in bahrain right know ,, this is the problem if a government don't value her people why the west will make a value for us,, i miss home too and im counting the sec not the min cuz im in hell right now ((india))and i can't wait to be home agian.

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl