I am not weak - and never have been. My only hope in life is never to be weak or clingy or wanting or needy. Shoot me if and when I stoop that low.

To achieve this - I have learned very long ago not to dream, or hope, or have any expectations. Having hopes, dreams, aspirations, ambitions, expectations and all those fluffy things tainted with pink and built on clouds means keeping your destiny and fate in the hands of the unknown. This means letting go - or losing control. It also means giving up your independence and waiting for someone to do something for you and this is unacceptable - unless you are a child -- or physically or mentally challenged or -- or a witless woman.


PS:
تجري الرياح بما لا تشتهي السفن

is a crappy saying and may have worked in the past my friend. Even vessels with masts, had oars in them. You need a Plan B and a Plan C. Lamenting on losses is the thing of losers. And I am no loser!

3 comments:

Qwaider قويدر said...

Re: تجري الرياح بما لا تشتهي السفن
Is the oldest known incarnation of "Murphy's law" :)

So yeah .. shit happens .. and plan B, C, D, E and F all might fail

Ammaro said...

why not hope? hope is good.

you should always hope for the best.

but make sure you always expect the worst.

Unknown said...

Aim high, get low ... Hope is good and more importantly day dreaming :p

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl