Yey! We rank 24th among the world's most expensive cities!

Another reason for Bahrainis and their possessions (expats) to celebrate, I suppose!

Way too many ideas come to my head at times like this, making it impossible for me to refrain from using my colourful vocabulary, which an anonymous reader didn't like one bit. He/she wrote to me:

Dear Silly Bahraini Girl,

Assalaam alaikum,

Isn't it ironical that you being a Muslim and trying to talk about other's ettiquettes are not mindful of your own language. My humble advice is please please use decent language.

Jazaak Allah Khair,
a well wisherfr


To show my respect for this reader and many other who get insulted with my bursts of anger and insults... I will hold myself from commenting on my country's ranking in this survey!

6 comments:

Cerebralwaste said...

Come on SBG let loose with some of the colorful metaphors on this subject!

Unknown said...

It's well and good 'showing respect' but not to the extent that you shouldn't say what's on your mind. After all, this is your blog where you can post all you want.

nzm said...

Don't hold back!

Anonymous said...

:-(
I should have asked for a salary raise for the next term then :-)

I just found your blog .. tell u honestly, it is interesting.

cheers,
bahrain-classifieds

sorry for anonymity have no blogspot acc.

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Thanks all.. It would have been the usual rant, I suppose..about how the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer - LOL - dotted with colourful imagery!

Nah.. It wasn't that..It's just if we really are the 24th most expensive country in the world, why the hell don't salaries in Bahrain match this?

How do you expect people, with families and loans to repay, to survive on less than $10,000 a year - which is what a large segment of the people in Bahrain make?

I arrived at the $10,000 by assuming that most people in Bahrain earn around BD300 a month - which I will tell you from now and without looking at figures is not true!

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Dear Scuba,
Anything goes in Wonderland.. depends on what you want and where you are scuba diving! Best of luck and hope you enjoy your stay in my country!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl