I am horrified, disgusted and speechless.

According to the Telegraph, a Saudi girl was killed by her own father after being caught chatting to a man on Facebook.
A young Saudi Arabian woman was murdered by her father for chatting on the
social network site Facebook, it has emerged.
The unnamed woman from Riyadh was beaten and shot after she was discovered in the middle of an online conversation with a man, the al-Arabiya website reported.
The case was reported on a Saudi Arabian news site as an example of the "strife" the social networking site is causing in the Islamic nation.
Saudi preacher Ali al-Maliki has emerged as the leading critic of Facebook, claiming the network is corrupting the youth of the nation.
"Facebook is a door to lust and young women and men are spending more on their mobile phones and the Internet than they are spending on food," he said.
The woman was murdered in August but her death was highlighted following Maliki's comments.

I don't know what would have happened to her had she been caught chatting to a man in person... or rather I wouldn't want to even think of it. What image are we trying to project about our societies and Islam when we still have such mentalities amongst us?

Personally, I am sometimes petrified by the messages I get on Facebook from lusty little boys - but am counting my blessings that I have a forward thinking family and husband, who have 100 per cent trust in me and my interactions on and offline.

I am yet to get to grips with the mentality of some of the men in our society whose entire world revolves around controlling the women in their lives. Don't they have anything better to do? And you all know what it is all about right? Since they have no control over anything else in their lives, they concentrate all their energy keeping their women and employees subjucated under their little thumbs.

This incident and the 100s of other incidents have nothing to do with Islam, which has given women all their rights in theory. It has a lot to do with weak men, whose only achievement is controlling the women in their lives. Well done little men! Hope that murder and blood on your hands is another accolade you proudly wear around your necks. Way to go!

5 comments:

Qwaider قويدر said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Qwaider قويدر said...

Correcting the link

I'm so sorry to find this has come true!
I predicted this last December! And I prayed that it will never come true!
Qwaider's socio-techno predictions for 2008

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Qwaider,
Well done .. I still have to fulfil my promise to you. InshaAllah tomorrow.

And yes, it is scary...This is so spot on and creepy:

The first Facebook based honor crime in the Arab world

Honor crimes are not new to Jordan, but what is new is social networking in the Facebook class. The phenomenal success of facebook is going to reach new heights causing, or inducing the very first incident of it's kind, an honor crime, and where better for this to happen than the honor-crime capital of the world, Jordan! Or a place like it!

Did you ask the Saudi dude to do it? How much did you pay him? And why? Just to show the rest of the world that you can predict things?

Oh Qwaider .. take it back and bring that poor girl back to life!

Qwaider قويدر said...

I wish I was wrong, now more than ever

Coolred38 said...

"Not all women are alike and not all of them are perverted..."(in reference to those that use Facebook)

Nice to know that Im not a pervert for using Facebook...but dont get me started about Tagged...I do tend to let my pervert gene get the better of me while on that site...what a crock!

I wonder if those that control the moral center of Saudi would be happier if there was a inpenatrible bubble covering the whole of Saudi...I imagine that soon...women only will be forbidden to use the likes of Facebook...or even stricter...the net at all...easier to "protect" them right....two crocks!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl