This is the fairy tale that we should have been
reading as little girls!
Once upon a time,
~~~~~~~~
in a land far away,
~~~~~~~~
beautiful, independent,
~~~~~~~~
self-assured princess
~~~~~~~~
happened upon a frog as she sat,
~~~~~~~~
contemplating ecological issues
~~~~~~~~
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
~~~~~~~~
in a verdant meadow near her castle.
~~~~~~~~
The frog hopped into the princess' lap
~~~~~~~~
and said: Elegant Lady,
~~~~~~~~
I was once a handsome prince,
~~~~~~~~
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
~~~~~~~~
One kiss from you, however,
~~~~~~~~
and I will turn back
~~~~~~~~
into the dapper, young prince that I am
~~~~~~~~
and then, my sweet, we can marry
~~~~~~~~
and set up housekeeping in your castle
~~~~~~~~
with my mother,
~~~~~~~~
where you can prepare my meals,
~~~~~~~~
clean my clothes, bear my children,
~~~~~~~~
and forever
~~~~~~~~
feel grateful and happy doing so.
~~~~~~~~
That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly sautéed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't fucking think so.


** Thanks Lois for cheering me up with this e-mail!

8 comments:

Tim said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a spa chemicals site/blog. It pretty much covers
spa chemicals related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

cairo otaibi said...

1. i think you have a spammer on the previous comment.

2. thanks for that one e-mail share! i laughed with delight!

MuppetLord said...

hmm definitely a spammer....go to word verify, it works better than Blogger users only.

Great story.

twisted.ae said...

Excellent story..love it!

Sabri Hakim said...

I wonder what happened next.

The Joker said...

Who came up with these fairy tales? Humpty Dumpty... now why the fuck is an egg sitting on a wall? Shouldn't it be in a fridge or something? And why do the king's soldiers have to put him together back again? Shouldn't the farmer worry about the missing egg?

The Lioness said...

I have just found your blog through Sandmonkey, i think. An Arab blogger anyway. I've only just started reading but I loved this. Good luck w your move, I do hope it's the beginning of life as you've wanted it.

[You can turn on Word Verification for comments and thus avoid spam. One day I had 27 of these inane comments.]

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Increase your Adsense Earnings

I noticed you have adsense ads on your page, Would you like to increase your earnings from them, Free and Legitimate way to make your clicks increase.
Come see my Blogger blog and it will tell you more.

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl