Merry Xmas everyone.

A few more days and we kiss this year goodbye...with all its good and bad memories.

Let's hope we are strong enough to leave the bad behind and carry the good tidings only with us to the New Year.

This year has been phenomenal for me! I got to know more people, read more and understand more. I had the chance to interact with others and listen to them and open my heart and embrace new thoughts and ideas and learned to accept more opinions - no matter what I thought of the people voicing them.

What I learned is that you don't have to agree with all that you hear. All you need to do is listen and try and understand - something many people here think they can do without.

I don't want to say I understand everything, but I am ready to stand up and admit that everyday has been a learning experience. I have learned more when I refused to shut the door and even when I was forced to shut the door, I always made sure I left the window ajar - to let a little bit of fresh air in. I am grateful to each and everyone who has wasted time and breath trying to convince me of different things.

Although my personal and professional life has been more or less the same, I know I have become a stronger and more cynical person.

That pink hue I used to see the world with is turning grey. I don't know whether it is age or fading eyesight...but it isn't anything the most gifted of doctors could solve.

I need to sit myself later and see what I want from this mess we call life and make a few decisions.

I guess my main resolution for 2005 should be to make time to seriously draw up plans for resolutions for 2006 and beyond.

5 comments:

Chanad said...

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, dear friend! May 2006 be your best year yet!

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Thanks Chanad for ur kind words.
Let's c u before u go ;)

sume said...

Best wishes to you and your family. Learning and understanding should be a life long endeavor. I think you're on the right track.

I still believe the world is good place, it just has a lot of crappy people in it.

SillyBahrainiGirl said...

Thanks Sume!
Wishing you and ur family a happy New Year too. May all your dreams come true ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish you and your family a very happy, but above all a healthy Newyear 2005.

From:
WWCC: http://wwccjournal.hollandindia.nl/

Post a Comment

Copyright © Silly Bahraini Girl